Sunday, May 17, 2009

LOVE STORY

we were both young when i first saw you.
i close my eyes and the flashback starts:
i'm standing there on a balcony in summer air.

see the lights, see the party, the ball gowns.
see you make your way through the crowd
and say hello;

little did i know
that you were romeo; you were throwing pebbles,
and my daddy said, "stay away from juliet."
and i was crying on the staircase,
begging you, 'please, don't go.'"

and i said,
"romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone.
i'll be waiting; all there's left to do is run.
you'll be the prince and i'll be the princess
it's a love story - baby just say 'yes.'"

so i sneak out to the garden to see you.
we keep quiet 'cause we're dead if they knew.
so close your eyes; escape this town for a little while.
'cause you were romeo, i was a scarlet letter,
and my daddy said "stay away from juliet,"
but you were everything to me; i was begging you, 'please, don't go,'"

and i said,
"romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone.
i'll be waiting; all there's left to do is run.
you'll be the prince and i'll be the princess
it's a love story - baby just say 'yes.'

romeo save me - they're tryin' to tell me how to feel;
this love is difficult, but it's real.
don't be afraid; we'll make it out of this mess.
it's a love story - baby just say "yes.'"

oh, oh.

i got tired of waiting,
wondering if you were ever comin' around.
my faith in you was fading
when i met you on the outskirts of town,

and i said,
"romeo save me - i've been feeling so alone.
i keep waiting for you but you never come.
is this in thy head? i don't know what to think-"

he knelt to the ground and pulled out a ring and said,
"marry me, juliet - you'll never have to be alone.
i love you and that's all i really know.
i talked to your dad - go pick out a white dress;
it's a love story - baby just say 'yes.'"

oh, oh. oh, oh.
oh, oh , oh, oh,...................

we were both young when i first saw you

No comments:

Post a Comment